When Someone You Love Has Cancer by Cecil Murphey

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fighting Cance With Humor?

In our family, humor was our first and best defense in any kind of trouble. My mom once tried to light our oven after she'd left the gas on too long. A few minutes later I heard a commotion in the kitchen and the acrid smell of smoke came drifting into the bedroom. Walking into the kitchen I could see mom sitting on the back porch steps.

"Mom", I said, "Something's burning!"

"It's me," she replied, "I just burned off my eyebrows!"

At that point we both started laughing. Of course Mom wasn't badly hurt, just her pride, but I share this story to introduce a link to an article I read last week and wanted to share in this space.

This link is to an article that doesn't have a lot of new information. But if you need a lift for the day, this might be just the article for you.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5015714_fight-cancer-humor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment